Server takes orders from guests and serves drinks. This position ensures the quality of the food and overall guest experience is exceeded. To follow all standards, policies and procedures relating to service in COSMO as laid out by Manager with a main emphasis on guest satisfaction as per C.H.A.M.P.S training regime laid in Employee Handbook. All work is carried out in line with departmental guidelines. The ultimate goal of all our staff is to ensure that our guests enjoy their visit to the COSMO so much they feel compelled to return. Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and body language at all times and continually seek to endeavour professionalism in job role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To assume 100% responsibility for quality guests’ experience
- Prepare tables for meals, including the complete set up of linens, silverware, napkins and place-mats.
- To serve drinks to customer in a friendly and helpful manner and with a smile bearing reference to service policies and procedures as laid in C.H.A.M.P.S Employee Training Handbook.
- Greet guests in a professional manner and provide education about the food and beverage, how menu items are prepared, the ingredients used and the different cooking methods as well as allergen information.
- Check beverages for quality and presentation before serving to guest.
- Be responsive and helpful with regard to off menu items such as classic cocktails and chef specials and expand personal knowledge in this area as much as possible
- Receive guest payments and handed it over to the cashier
- Present drink menus, make specific recommendations and answer questions regarding beverages and food to the guests.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return
- Clear and clean tables promptly according to proper sanitation standards
- Notify manager-on-duty any time a guest is not 100% satisfied with their experience; resolve 1st category complaints themselves as laid in C.H.A.M.P.S Employee Training Handbook and ensure that guest leaves satisfied with the outcome.
- Maintain the agreed standards as in the Employee Training Workbook.
- Complete side duties as required including, polishing silverware, restaurant set up, and filling condiments and any other additional duties assigned by Duty Manager.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Clearly communicate with colleagues with regards to any service related queries.
- Maintain a good working relationship with colleagues and management team
- Co-operate closely with colleagues and other departments to ensure a prompt service is given at all times
- Help to maintain a good working environment within the department and good working relationships with all other departments in the restaurant
- Polish cutlery and ensure items are correctly organized and tidy at all times at the servers’ station.
- Serve alcoholic beverages ensuring adherence to the existing Premises License and existing UK legislation
- Ensure that pre and post service requisites are met and “Server Opening and Closing Procedure Check-list” is Completed
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of server station inventory and supplies
- Maintaining the product quality, by ad hoc checking buffet food quality
- Follow the correct opening and closing procedures
- Ensure consistent cleanliness of the restaurant area ensuring tables, chairs, high-chairs are keep clean and organised at all times.
- To monitor customers’ satisfaction by conducting consistent follow ups as per C.H.A.M.P.S philosophy laid in Employee Training Handbook
- Assist Manager in any other tasks required to ensure customer’s excellence and satisfaction
- Ensure only washed and sterilized cutlery are used to laid the tables
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the front of house
- Report all equipment problems to manager on duty
- Report all potential and real hazards immediately and resolve the once which do not require management attention immediately (i.e. clean spillages of the floor)
- To monitor the temperature of all bar fridges by filling out the Fridge Temperature Form (Bar due diligence) each shift.
- Serve alcoholic drinks in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003
- Have a general awareness of Health and Safety in relation to all tasks and activities undertaken in the department as per Employee Training Handbook
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members
- Be able to communicate and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Must be available to work as late as midnight or later if necessary
- Must have the ability to operate a point-of-sale system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to safely lift and carry trays filled with multiple dishes and drinks
- Must possess the ability to recognize a problem when it arises and be able to resolve it appropriately by using good judgement, tact and initiative according to company policy and procedure
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Be able to work in a fast paced restaurant environment
- Be willing to work overtime when needed and assist the workload of others